Coronavirus Community & Neighbourhood Help 25 Mar 2020
Bringing neighbours together with acts of kindness
People are stepping up to help those most in need in our communities during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Many communities are having a positive influence on their more vulnerable residents as their reach out for much needed help and support during these difficult times. These are volunteer lead community initiatives and carried out of good will by people who want to help the vulnerable in our local areas and ease the pressure on other services. If you feel you can offer someone some much needed help at this difficult time, please do.
#Keepsafe ways to support your community
Self-isolating postcards have been given out to people in local areas, containing information such as the person’s name, what area they live in, phone number and an option of what they need help with. You could also:
- Check on elderly or vulnerable neighbours
- Pick up shopping or medication for the elderly, vulnerable & self-isolating
- Organise a virtual meet up with local friends & neighbours
- Posting mail
- A friendly phone call
- Chat through a window to provide a much needed voice
- Urgent delivery of supplies
- Join a closed Facebook community page
- Set up a neighbours WhatApp page to keep in touch
Become a Corona Friend
Corona friend project has been launched to help people offer support to their neighbours and ensure nobody is left feeling isolated and lonely.
There are three easy steps:
- Check the map on the website to see if your area has already been covered
- Download the leaflet
- Drop the leaflet through your neighbours doors
Ideas for Keeping Children Entertained
For those of you with children at home to home school and entertain there are lots of lovely ideas doing the rounds.
We particularly like how the celebs are all doing their bit to engage and make this difficult time in lockdown that little bit easier for youngsters and little ones.
Dropping vital groceries and medicines to those in need
Find your local community group and see how you can help, local councils have posted out details of how you can get involved or if you need help or advise. The leaflets look like this.
Please remember Coronavirus is contagious, take all the recommended precautions and ensure you are only spreading kindness.
Thank you for your support