Coronavirus Community & Neighbourhood Help 25 Mar 2020
Bringing neighbours together with acts of kindness
People are stepping up to help those most in need in our communities during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Many communities are having a positive influence on their more vulnerable residents as their reach out for much needed help and support during these difficult times. These are volunteer lead community initiatives and carried out of good will by people who want to help the vulnerable in our local areas and ease the pressure on other services. If you feel you can offer someone some much needed help at this difficult time, please do.
#Keepsafe ways to support your community
Self-isolating postcards have been given out to people in local areas, containing information such as the person’s name, what area they live in, phone number and an option of what they need help with. You could also:
- Check on elderly or vulnerable neighbours
- Pick up shopping or medication for the elderly, vulnerable & self-isolating
- Organise a virtual meet up with local friends & neighbours
- Posting mail
- A friendly phone call
- Chat through a window to provide a much needed voice
- Urgent supply delivery
- Join a closed Facebook community page
- Set up a neighbours WhatApp page to keep in touch
Dropping vital groceries and medicines to those in need
Find your local community group and see how you can help. Please remember Coronavirus is contagious, take all the recommended precautions and ensure you are only spreading kindness.
Thank you for your support